We are pleased to offer for sale this well-maintained house on the edge of a village and just 100m from corn fields and the countryside beyond. It features a good size lounge / dining room and a separate dining room alongside the kitchen, three bedrooms and a south-facing sun terrace. The village centre, with its historic church (one of the oldest in France), is just a few hundred metres away and in the other direction you’ll find lush countryside on your doorstep. This house is priced to sell and a visit is highly recommended! Behind the house there is a large hangar and self-contained two-bed living accommodation which is available to purchase if required but without any obligation. This would offer substantial storage space and the possibility to operate a gîte to generate income or provide independent accommodation for friends or family guests. The total purchase price in this case would be €116,600 of which 5.66% is agency fees and TVA (net sale price to the vendor €110,000).
Floor space - 124m², plot size: approx. 900m² (1,564m² including optional outbuildings).
Furniture – some furniture pieces are included in the sale and others are available subject to negotiation.
Ground floor - entrance hall, lounge / dining room, fitted kitchen with a serving bar and a sitting area and also opening into a dining room, a bathroom with shower cabin, separate WC.
First floor - three bedrooms including a large master bedroom, bathroom with over-bath shower, separate WC.
Basement - garage, a laundry room, a wine cellar, two separate good size rooms (one currently configured as an office) and a further large storage area underneath the terrace.
Outside - a south-facing sun terrace, lawned gardens to all sides including flowering plants, bushes and small palm trees.
Heating – a new (2017), fuel-oil central heating system and double glazing throughout.
ENTRANCE HALL – accessed through the attractive granite-surround doorway arch (including an exterior roll-down shutter) and external door in wood, the hall has a tiled floor, wallpaper to the walls and features a fitted cupboard providing shelf and hanging space.
LOUNGE / DINING ROOM (approx 30m²) – double doors with small panes of tinted glass open from the entrance hall into the ‘L’-shaped lounge / dining room with a parquet floor, wallpaper to the walls and featuring a granite fireplace with an open fire and a substantial mantel piece in wood.
FITTED KITCHEN WITH SITTING AREA AND OPENING INTO A DINING ROOM (approx 14.7m² + 11.5m²) – with a tiled floor and decorated in pastel shades, featuring a four-hob cooker (two gas, two electric) with extractor fan, a double electric oven, a dishwasher, a refrigerator, a tiled worktop with tiled surround to the walls plus cupboards and drawers for storage. The kitchen has a central serving bar with a separate sitting area alongside. To the side of the kitchen is the opening into the dining room with its tiled floor and decorated with wallpaper in pastel shades.
BATHROOM (approx 2.3m²) – with a tiled floor and featuring a bath with shower attachment and tile surround, a separate shower cabin, a bidet and a wash basin mounted on its cupboard with a mirror and shelving to the side.
The staircase in wood leads from the entrance hall to the corridor landing with its laminated wood floor and wallpaper to the walls and ceiling.
MASTER BEDROOM (approx 17.9m² above a height of 1.8m with further floor space below this height) – with a laminated wood floor, decorated in pastel shades (predominantly light blue) and with fitted cupboards providing shelf and hanging space.
BEDROOM 2 (approx 10m² > 1.8m) – with a laminated wood floor, fitted cupboards and wallpaper to the walls in pastel shades, predominantly yellow.
BEDROOM 3 (approx 9.5m² > 1.8m) – with a carpet, wallpaper and fitted wall lights to the walls, wallpaper to the ceiling and fitted cupboards providing shelf and hanging space.
BATHROOM (approx 3.2m² > 1.8m) – with a tiled floor, tiles and wallpaper to the walls, a bath with over-bath shower, a bidet, a wash basin, a WC, a fitted cupboard and an access door to a small box room (approx 4m²) with fitted shelving.
A door from the entrance hall gives access to the staircase leading down to the garage and basement which features:
- a garage with its electrically-operated door and space for one car with additional storage space.
- a laundry / utility room (approx 19m²) with a tiled floor, a sink, plumbing for a washing machine, a number of large, fitted cupboards and the central heating system. A corner cupboard houses the tumble dryer with an exit pipe to the exterior.
- a good size storage room (approx 15m²) which currently serves as an office, with a tiled floor and a corner fireplace.
- another storage room (approx 12m²) with a tiled floor and useful storage cupboards.
- a further storage area which runs the length of the outside terrace above it, offering storage space or approximately 23m².
- a separate wine cellar.
- a WC.
- a south-facing, paved sun terrace with its retractable sun-blind overlooking the front garden with its lawn and flowering plants.
- lawned gardens largely enclosed by conifers, with flowering plants, bushes and small palms.
- a drive offering standing space for several cars and giving access to the basement garage.
- the tiled roof is in good condition with a satellite dish in place.
OUTBUILDINGS AVAILABLE AS AN OPTION (price details in the introduction above):
- a separate garage with a separate car port alongside.
- a former workshop and storage facility constructed in breeze blocks and corrugated steel, incorporating an upstairs area (thereby increasing the floor space) and a built-in office which includes a sink. The total floor space (on two floors) of this unit is in the region of 200m².
- living accommodation comprising a lounge with a fitted corner kitchen, two bedrooms (one en-suite and the second has its own WC and wash basin), under-floor heating as well as electric radiators and a separate WC. Fitted cupboards feature in the corridor to access the second bedroom. The accommodation also includes its own garage for two cars and a separate storage room.
The centre of Langast with a bar (which also sells that most essential of French life, bread!) is just 400m away and the larger village of Plouguenast with its numerous businesses, bars, restaurants, doctors etc is less than 4km (2.5 miles) away.
The ferry ports of Saint Malo (serving Portsmouth and Jersey) and Roscoff (serving Plymouth and Cork) are 90km (56 miles) and 149km (93 miles) away respectively. Dinard airport is 75km (47 miles) away into which Ryanair fly from Stansted several times per week all year round and from East Midlands currently (as at July 2017) between April and the end of October. Rennes airport is 98km (61 miles) away, from where FlyBe operate services to the UK. Brest airport is 160km (100 miles) away, from where the airline FlyKiss (www.fly-kiss.com) operates a service to Luton.
Ref. M433-22. Price of the house and gardens only on a plot of approximately 900m²: €94,340 of which 5.66% is agency fees and TVA thereon (net sale price to the vendor: €89,000).
Price of the house and gardens plus outbuildings: €116,600 of which 5.66% is agency fees and TVA thereon (net sale price to the vendor: €110,000).