Superbly restored old stone property comprising a large Manor house of around 185 m2 of living space; a second stone house with around 100 m2 of living space, a detached old stone barn of around 270 m2 of usable space, a detached stable for two horses; an enclosed pool area with fully equipped pool house; a central courtyard and beautifully landscaped gardens with many romantic terraces and seating areas.
All set on around 2.6 hectares of land with enclosed tennis court and lovely views just outside the Bastide village of Belves in the Dordogne.
Main property features :
- a Manor house with around 185 m2 of living space on three floors, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- a second stone house of around 100 m2 of living space on 2 floors, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- a non attached barn of around 270 m2 of usable space on two floors
- a stable with 2 horse boxes and parking in front
- an enclosed pool area, roman steps, large terrace surround, south-facing
- chlorine-filtered pool (new liner 2015), solar shower, winter cover
- covered pool house with equipped kitchen area, dining terrace, lounge area,
- petanque court
- enclosed tennis court
- children's playground
- enclosed grounds of 2ha 56a 81ca (landscaped gardens, field, woodland)
- septic tank drainage
- oil-fired central heating in both houses (also heats hot water)
- ADSL broadband, WIFI, satellite TV
THE MANOR HOUSE:
- main entrance leading into the fully equipped and fitted kitchen with tiled floor, original fireplace, exposed beams, outside door leading to a west-facing terrace. (22 m2)
- a large living room with open fireplace, east and west-facing windows, parquet floor, old stone sink, exposed beams and original staircase to the first floor (56 m2)
- a downstairs shower room with shower, washbasin and wc (3.91 m2)
- A landing with carpet and west-facing windows (6.5 m2)
- A double bedroom with parquet floor and west-facing window (14 m2) and en-suite shower room with wc (3.68 m2)
- A twin-bedroom with parquet floor , exposed beams and east window (13.5 m2)
- A large bedroom with parquet floor, exposed beams and 5 windows (39 m2)
- a family bathroom with bath, wash basin, wc, tiled floor and east window (8 m2)
Lower ground floor (staircase leading down from kitchen):
- a twin-bedroom with west-facing windows, eposed beams, carpet flooring (8m2)
- a laundry-boiler room for oil-fired central heating, door leading to outside (6 m2)
A charming and comfortable house restored with loving care!
THE GUEST HOUSE (originally the cow sheds and the forge):
Ground floor (with access from the court yard)
- A newly fitted and equipped kitchen, tiled floor, south-facing door to the courtyard (22 m2)
- A south-facing living room with exposed beams and wooden stairs to the first floor (30 m2)
- A small landing with French windows to the north-facing terrace and steps to the gardens (3 m2)
- A double bedroom with laminated wood flooring, north-facing window (22 m2)
- A double bedroom with laminated wood flooring, Velux window (16m2)
- A shower room with large shower, wash basin and wc (5.5 m2)
A very comfortable and cosy house, entirely restored, centrally heated with its own private terrace and garden, parking and separate entrance.
Outside on the south side of the property is very large barn on two levels. On the top floor is a partially open fronted barn with very high ceiling, partly used as a games and lounge area for holiday guests. To the front of this barn there is ample space to park 3 vehicles (15m x 13m).
On the lower ground floor are the old cow stalls now used for storage (around 90 m2 of usable space).
In front of the Manor House on the lower level is the pool area. The pool (12m x 6m) is entirely enclosed to conform with security measures and closed with wrought iron double-gates. Around the pool is a very large stone terrace and a solar shower... all surrounded by a mix of flowering shrubs and flowers landscaped to create a private and peaceful haven.
Just outside the pool area is the open-sided pool-house, with fitted and equipped kitchen area with hot and cold water and lighting, a bar and dining area, a lounge area and a petanque court for playing bowls.
On the edge of the property, a short walk down from the pool area is a full-sized enclosed tennis court and a play area for children.
Opposite the main entrance to the property is a stable with two horse boxes and a large parking space in front.
A very attractive property in prime condition with lots of charm and character, large living rooms, light and airy, beautiful views over the valley below and no near neighbours.
This property is near to the Bastide hilltop town of Belves, only 10 minutes by car to Siorac-en-Perigord and the river, a large supermarket and most amenities, along with 2 golf courses (18 hole and 9 hole) and only 40 minutes drive to Bergerac airport.
Currently a primary residence and summer rental property in easy access to all the tourist sites of the Perigord Noir which attracts over 3 million visitors per year.
Tax Fonciere 1496 euros a year
Tax Habitation 638 euros a year
Features: swimming pool, parking space, garden, terrace, Fitted kitchen, fireplace, Outbuilding(s), cellar, courtyard.
Living area 285 m2 approx.
Living room 56 m2 approx.
Terrace 30 m2 approx.
Garage 3 m2 approx.
The department of Dordogne has some very nice property and much to offer in terms of location, with houses situated in the many striking villages found amid the rolling hills. Some villages and towns are considered so picturesque that they are categorised as Les Plus Beaux Villages de France (the most beautiful villages in France). Walkers will delight in the rolling countryside of Dordogne and there is a wonderful feeling of space here. From your Dordogne property it is easy to find peace and quiet off the beaten track in the hills, woodlands and forests.
The Dordogne River is one of the reasons why this area is a popular choice for visitors. There's nothing better than to hire a canoe and explore it for yourself. Many locations can only be seen from the water and you can make your own enjoyable voyage. On the journey you are sure to uncover lovely beaches, which make ideal locations for swimming, sunbathing and paddling. Why not have a day trip from your Dordogne property? all you will need to do is pack a picnic and away you go.
The Dordogne region of south-west France is one of the most beautiful and popular destinations in the country. Visitors to this beautiful region of France discover many chateaux, beautiful medieval towns and villages, unspoiled countryside and prehistoric caves.
In addition to its castles, chateaux, churches, bastides and cave fortresses, the region has preserved from centuries past a number of wonderful villages which still have their market halls, dovecotes, tories (stone huts), churches, abbeys and castles. Saint-Leon-sur-Vezere, Connezac, Saint-Jean-de-Cole, La Roque-Gageac and many others are real jewels of architecture. As for the old quarters of Perigueux or Bergerac, restored and developed into pedestrian areas, they have regained their former charm.
The famous caves of Lascaux have been closed to the public, but a replica of Lascaux II is open to visitors and is a major tourist attraction. Perigueux has important Roman ruins, including an arena which is still visible inside a public park located near the town centre.
We at Cle France specialise in Property for sale in France through our network of Agents and French Registered High Street Estate Agents. We have sold thousands of houses for sale in France over the years and have helped many find and buy their dream home in France.
We can also help you with everything to do with buying a house in France including getting a mortgage, organising currency exchange, renovation advice, property surveys, planning permission, French translation, opening a bank account and everything to do with French property sales.
All our prices are quoted as FAI (agency fees included) unless otherwise stated and 'notaire' fees are around 7% (on average) but feel free to ask us for an exact amount on any particular French property for sale you are interested in.
Indeed please feel free to use the 'MAKE AN ENQUIRY' tab above to ask us any questions you have about buying a property in France. Our UK based enquiry office and staff will guide you through the entire buying process step by step from your first contact right up to taking ownership and beyond, all free of charge.
So when you buy through Cle France you can be confident that you are paying no more than the standard commission rates you would pay anyway, but you have the added benefit of a bi-lingual support team.
For everything you need to know about French property visit www.clefrance.co.uk