Set in the peaceful former grounds of a chateau, dating back to the 16th century, in the idyllic countryside surrounding Poitiers.
This is a unique opportunity to own an exceptionally well renovated property in an historical setting. The area surrounding the property is filled with a variety of attractions and activities making this an ideal setting for the two gites which could be rented out to give the new owners a viable commercial enterprise. One of the barns is used currently as a car port and storage area, the other could be turned into a magnificent further dwelling. All this comes with 2.5 Hectares of pasture/wood land.
Access to the property is from a long tree lined driveway; the surrounding land measures approximately 2.5 hectares of pasture and woodland the majority of this being to the back and side of the property with a smaller section at the front.
The Main property benefits from electric central heating, mains electricity and water. Drainage is to an inspected and certified septic tank. Broadband is available.
The property comprises:.
* Lounge/Sitting Room - 4.60m x 6.50m with exposed beams and double aspect windows.
* Kitchen - 4.6m x 6.40m with tiled floor, fitted units, island workstation, exposed beams, two windows and door to front of property.
* Bedroom 1 - 4.4m x 2.8m with exposed beams and small window and door to front of property.
* Bedroom 2 - 3.2m x 2.8m with exposed beams and door to front of property.
* Bedroom 3 - 3.1m x 2.9m with exposed beams and door to front of property.
* Bedroom 4 - 7.4m x 2.4m with window and door to front of house with .......
* En suite - 1.6m x 2m with bath, shower over, toilet and wash hand basin.
* Bedroom 5 - 3.9m x 2.7m with window overlooking back lawns
* Study - 2.9m x 2.9m window overlooking back lawns
* Family Bathroom - 4.3m x 2.8m with bath, shower cabinet, toilet, hand basin and window.
* Cloakroom 1 - 2.8m x 1.6m with window to back gardens
* Cloakroom 2 - 2.6m x 1m
* Storage Room - 2.8m x 2.1m
Above the main house is a Grenier (attic) which could be converted into upstairs living space or further bedrooms. This would give living/bedroom accommodation for the future owners leaving the current 4 bedrooms (all with exterior doors to the front patio) free to use on a B&B basis.
Both Gites comprise of:.
Lounge/Kitchen - 4.8m x 3.8m with window and door to front of gite.
Shower room - 1.6m x 1.6m with toilet and wash-hand basin
Bedroom - 4.8m x 3.8m with window.
Large Barn - This is currently used as a car port, storage/BBQ Area.
Barn - With planning permission to convert to a 800m2 dwelling. This is on a plot size of approximately 2/3000m2 and would have its own private access. Alternatively this could be a stable block.